Ramp’s RFID tunnel is a highly efficient tool to improve traceability and quality control
Ramp’s RFID Tunnel is a tool that can be used to improve traceability and quality control for the processing of meat products. It uses radio frequency identification (RFID) technology to read multiple RFID labels simultaneously, even where adhesive labels are attached to meat products enclosed in cardboard cartons, and irrespective of RFID tag orientation.
The RFID Tunnel is made up of a number of key elements, including:
- A food grade stainless steel construction
- An industrial barcode scanner
- An integrated 2m long motorized conveyor belt with adjustable speed control
- The RFID tunnel structure internally lined with Perspex cladding
- RF shielding curtains at the front entrance and rear exit of the tunnel structure
- Top and bottom mounted RFID antennas and fixing mechanisms to allow antenna position adjustment and ensure a full label interrogation zone across the full width of the Tunnel Reader
- Electronics enclosure to house the RFID reader electronics, power supply, computer, and display, and to interface with production plant IT systems and PLC devices
- Photoelectric sensors at the tunnel entry and exit locations to control RFID reader operation
- Light Stack to indicate that the system is functioning correctly and the LED panel on the enclosure will display status lights
The RFID Tunnel works by first reading the barcode label on the carton. The tunnel then looks up the matching carton record from the local tunnel list. Next, the tunnel scans the carton RFID tags while the carton is in the tunnel. Finally, the tunnel validates the scans against the carton record. If the validation fails, the carton is rejected. Otherwise, it is allowed to pass.
The primary requirements of the RFID Tunnel solution are to:
- Validate that the carton is packed correctly, according to the product type and number of pieces
- Validate that the pieces in the carton all have the same production date
- Validate that the production date of the pieces in the carton match the production date of the carton
The RFID Tunnel is a fast and accurate way to improve traceability and quality control for the processing of meat products. It can help to ensure that cartons are packed correctly, that the pieces in the carton have the same production date, and that the production date of the pieces in the carton match the production date of the carton.
Here are some of the benefits of using the RFID Tunnel:
Filter by IndustryIncreased traceability
The RFID Tunnel can help to ensure that cartons are packed correctly and that the pieces in the carton have the same production date. This can help to improve traceability and reduce the risk of foodborne illness.
The RFID Tunnel can help to ensure that cartons are packed correctly and that the pieces in the carton have the same production date. This can help to improve quality control and reduce the risk of product recalls.
The RFID Tunnel can help to improve efficiency by automating the process of carton validation. This can free up workers to focus on other tasks.
The RFID Tunnel can help to reduce costs by automating the process of carton validation. This can save businesses money on labor costs.
If you are looking for a way to improve traceability, quality control, and efficiency in your meat processing operation, then the RFID Tunnel is a great option.